Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Gratitude Attitude

At a Stake Conference a couple of weeks ago we were challenged to keep a daily journal of gratitude for a year. Since I'm on the computer daily, I decided to start a gratitude blog. As I update it, I find that even on the really rough days,when life seems awfully bleak, I can still find at least one thing to be grateful for. I'm glad that the Lord wants us to be grateful. It's comforting that directly or indirectly we can see His hand in all things.

"And now, my beloved brethren, I desire that ye should remember these things, and that ye should work out your salvation with fear before God, and that ye should no more deny the coming of Christ;

That ye contend no more against the Holy Ghost, but that ye receive it, and take upon you the name of Christ; that ye humble yourselves even to the dust, and worship God, in whatsoever place ye may be in, in spirit and in truth; and that ye live in thanksgiving daily, for the many mercies and blessings which he doth bestow upon you." Alma 34:37-38

1 comment:

~ kietra ~ said...

Thank you for this post! I always need a good reminder to be grateful.